Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Dearly Beloved, We Are Gathered Here Today....



"Holy



🤔
 "By The Power Vested In Me..." (By who/whom?) ...
"I Now Pronounce You MAN and Wife." ... (Seriously? ... )
By "Tradition? Law"? Legal (Civil Authority/Municipal "License')?
What? I have to "Recognized" by the County Registrar to "marry" you? (Or "Licensed" as a "Practicing Minister" by the State? REALLY?
[Umm, I'm thinking "First Amendment"?] But, I digress...
--
(un) "Holy" Matrimony?

A distrubingly good read... stirring, gripping, emotional.
"Wedlock" WAS FOREVER 'back-in-the-day as we say. Literally, 'til death do us part... ðŸ˜Ÿ (I suppose that's why it was called 'wed' 'lock'!).
I literally 'found' this book in someone's Recycling bin. So, yeah, I 'salvaged' it. And, once started reading it; I was so aghast at the treatment of a woman, [women, in general and specific!] I ended up reading it cover-to-cover ... sleepless... and, angrier and more outraged at each new page.
SPOILER ALERT: It's a kind of 'happy ending' ... and, female(s) are the would-be heroines of the day..., but, wait, don't rejoice yet. You've got to READ it, to be affected and effected by its moving content.
In short, (it's Copyright 2010) this 'old' book, about a long-ago 'old' marriage [History/Biography] is a fascinating read. I guess, I'm RECOMMENDING it, but, now, i'm not so sure about performing weddings - for anyone - any more... as it even brought back the horrors - in reverse - of my own failed (No fault of my own) marriage!
horresco referens [Phrase] "Horror in Remembrance"
Meaning: I shudder as I tell [From Virgil's Aeneid, 2.204]
The "Review" by "GoodReads" -  Here   

After ALL that: ...

If you feel you just MUST be "Ordained" so as to 'join' folks together in "Holy" (or as it may turn out- 'unholy') Matrimony; please, consider the Universal Life Church Ministries 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home